Qixxit is the perfect mobility planner: Qixxit smartly combines train, bus and flight services to find the best transport connections for you. No matter if you are looking for the best price, the shortest trip or the greatest convenience.
Qixxit was initially introduced in 2014 by Deutsche Bahn, the team at QT Mobilitätsservice GmbH now works on a relaunch coming early 2018.
We are an international team of transport enthusiasts located in the heart of Europe's startup capital Berlin. With our technology we shape the way people travel today and in the future.
At Qixxit we are traveler driven.
We are creating a unique travel experience, redefining the way people organize their travels.
As Software Engineer, you will be part of the core team that is responsible for the creation of the new Qixxit product.
In close collaboration with our Engineers and Product Managers, you will be responsible for the search and routing components of Qixxit: design and implementation of transportation routing algorithms, analysing, matching and integrating raw transportation data (i.e. GTFS) as well as geographic data sets. You will have a keen eye on all aspects that contribute to a well crafted implementation.
As an experienced engineer you have
- You are familiar with both relational and non-relational databases, query and scripting languages, search engines and web frameworks
- You have a passion for extracting meaningful insights from real-world data and finding perfect solutions to transportation routing challenges
- Knowledge of search and routing related techniques and algorithms, e.g. A* and Dijkstra
- In-depth knowledge of test-driven development, HTTP and Restful web services
- Enthusiasm for agility and DevOps practices
- Very good English skills, German is not a must
- Work on a unique mobility product that millions of people will use every day
- Join a team of passionate and fun people keen on developing new ideas and learning from each other
- Choose the tools and work methods you are most comfortable & effective with
- Educational and Conference Budget for your self-development
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision-making process
- The usual suspects: an attractive compensation package including participation in our Employee Stock Option Program, an amazing office in Berlin-Mitte, free drinks & food,...
- Free German classes!
- Full support with relocation and visa process
- Work and live in Europe’s most creative city
- and many more!