Our definition of Senior Product Designer includes the mastery of these 5 areas of expertise:
- Customer: You know the importance of user research and customer intelligence, you know how to conduct interviews and get insights out of them.
- UX: You are experienced in user interaction on web and mobile. You know the Human Interface and Material Design style guides by heart and know exactly when it makes sense to go against them.
- Beauty: Pattern consistency, visual hierarchy, using the right typography... You embrace pixel perfection and don't accept compromises when it comes to visual communication.
- Prototype: You strongly believe in the power of the fast prototyping to understand if we are going in the right direction. You know what tools to use for each case (and how to use them!).
- Tech: You know how software development works, you are familiar with strengths and limitations of Web, you have experience with mobile apps and their challenges.
You are a Designer. With the capital "D". You have shipped successful products and are capable of autonomously detect users needs and fulfill them with amazing solutions.
You are humble. We all believe in our Product, not because we have built it, but because we test it every day with our travelers. You are able to listen to the travelers and convert their needs into a product prioritization.
You are organized. You better be, because you will have to organize different work streams within different teams and task forces.
You are a learner. We don't expect you to be the master of anything, but we do expect you to be able to catch up quick enough to the topics that matter the most.
You are nice. You will be surrounded by very nice people, and we really don't want to break this trend.