Qixxit is the perfect mobility planner: Qixxit smartly combines train, bus and flight services to find the best transport connections for you. No matter if you are looking for the best price, the shortest trip or the greatest convenience.
Qixxit was initially introduced in 2014 by Deutsche Bahn, the team at QT Mobilitätsservice GmbH now works on a relaunch coming early 2018.
We are an international team of transport enthusiasts located in the heart of Europe's startup capital Berlin. With our technology we shape the way people travel today and in the future.
At Qixxit we are not product driven, we are traveler driven.
We are creating a unique travel experience, redefining the way people organize their travels.
As (Elixir) Backend Engineer, you will be part of the core team that is responsible for the creation of the new Qixxit product.
In close collaboration with Frontend Engineers, Designers, Marketing and Product Managers, you will design and implement backend components for the new Qixxit. You will have a keen eye on all aspects that contribute to a well crafted implementation.
The backend integrates transport provider APIs, raw transit data (i.e. GTFS), geographic and user generated data and calculates intermodal routes for our customers.
As an experienced engineer you have
- Good knowledge in functional programming
- Good understanding of Erlang/OTP or Elixir
- A track record of building successful backend services
- In-depth knowledge of test-driven development, HTTP and Restful web services
- Experience in defining great APIs and continuously pushing them into production
- Enthusiasm for agility and devops practices
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Work on a unique mobility product that millions of people will use every day
- Join a team of passionate people keen on learning constantly new things
- Use the best tools and methods out there with the equipment you are most comfortable with
- Educational and Conference Budget for your self-development
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision-making process
- The usual suspects: an attractive compensation package including participation in our Employee Stock Options Programme, an amazing office in Berlin-Mitte, free drinks & food,...
- Free German classes!
- Full support with relocation and visa process
- Work and live in Europe’s most creative city
- and many more!